Friday, August 2, 2013

Day 1 in Krakow


Monday we left for Krakow. I won’t lie and say the ride was pleasant. It was 94 degrees out…and the train was not air-conditioned. I have never appreciated air conditioning more in my entire life. After a long difficult walk down an entire train car (I got on the wrong car), I found my seat. The three-hour train ride felt like forever. We finally arrived in Krakow around 2:00. We embarked on a short walk to our hotel. I am pleased to say our hotel not only had air conditioning, but also free wifi! Two things I have started to appreciate more and more. We settled into our rooms and went down to the hotel restaurant for some lunch. I enjoyed a piece of salmon with a salad. After lunch we did some work on our papers and then headed out for the Old Town. Ryan and I walked for a bit and then found a Polish restaurant. We both ordered the golobaki (what did you expect) and they were very tasty. We then set out for a cold refreshing dessert. We grabbed some swiderki and headed back to finish our papers. The Old Town was very beautiful and reminded us a little bit of Nuremberg. Krakow is very different from Warsaw. I really like it here and look forward to exploring more of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment