Saturday, July 27, 2013

Day 2


Thursday we started our day off with an incredible breakfast buffet. It was so nice to have the all you can eat breakfast buffet back like we had in Munich. I of course stuffed my purse (with snacks for later) and myself until I couldn’t move. After breakfast we headed out to meet our tour guide for a tour through Jewish Warsaw. The tour was very interesting. We got to see some original buildings that survived the war as well as a remaining piece of the ghetto wall. We also stopped in a synagogue that also survived the war.































After our walking tour we had the afternoon off and went to grab some lunch. We walked back to the Old Town and found this small square with outdoor restaurants. The place we picked had Polish food as well as some other cuisines. I settled with a salmon salad that was delish. The best part of the meal was the complimentary cherry vodka shot at the end. 

































We headed back to our hotel and hit the gym. The gym at the hotel is so nice we had to take advantage. We finished up at the gym, changed and Ryan and I headed out solo for some dinner. We wandered through the area around our hotel and found a great Polish restaurant (big surprise). I was so happy because they had golabaki (stuffed cabbage), which I have been searching for. Ryan also had a traditional Polish dish called Bigos, which is a stew. After dinner we went to a bar around the corner and had some coffee. We headed home to try and catch up on sleep. 




1 comment:

  1. Hello Natalie, my name is Joshua Jones. I live in central England. I am contacting you because I believe there's a chance that the Mr Birnzweig you're writing about is a relative of mine.

    My paternal grandmother is the granddaughter of a Ignak Birnzweig and the neice of a Karl Birnzweig. I believe one generation higher there's a Jacob (I am unsure on the spelling) and a Solomon Birnzweig. They were all Poles living in Krakow and Warsaw. I was in Krakow last week and I have photographed the exact same bit of wall with the names. I have been hunting for relatives of Birnzweigs for a while without much success. If you're happy to I'd love to get in contact with you to see if our family trees match up. My email is joshjones695@googlemail.com and my phone is +447456301221.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete